Step 1 - Establish a Budget Casino Party Budgets range from $25. to $100. per person, depending on location, food and beverage, and décor. Food will often comprise 40% of the budget, with 40% allocated to the Casino Vendor, and the additional 20% allocated to facility rental, entertainment, prizes, and decorations. These amounts will vary depending on your organization's preferences. Step 2 - Vendor Selection This first step is critical to the success of your event. You want to make sure your casino party vendor carries professional looking equipment and not just table toppers (laydowns that sit on top of a banquet table). In addition, the vendor should have at least 8 - 10 years experience and should own their equipment. Many agencies and event companies misrepresent the fact that they own their equipment, when they just subcontract to a casino rental company. Some agencies have been known to double the rental fee when they subcontract. There are many newcomers to the industry that just imitate their competitors, and don't have the experience to run a proper event. Also, a qualified vendor will be able to give advice on table and prize selection. Some vendors will give a few choices in renting the equipment, such as full service (providing everything, including the dealers), limited service (providing the tables and a Pit Boss, and they would train your volunteer dealers), and table rental only. Sbo888 Step 3 - Date & Time Selection The date of your event may be determined on the facility and vendor availability. Often this step is planned months in advance, especially if it's a popular time of the year (such as the first two weeks in December). Fundraising event planners should check the local social calendar, to see that there are no major conflicts. Most casino parties will last for about four hours, with about 3 hours of actual gambling time and the rest for food serving, cashing out at the end of the night, and prize giveaways. Step 4 - Location Selection The location you select should be easily accessible to your attendees. The facility should also be able to accommodate the casino tables, food and beverage, entertainment and your attendees comfortably. Some facilities, such as hotels, will not allow you to bring in outside food vendors. Step 5 - Table Selection The number of tables you select should be based on the number of attendees expected. Most casino planners expect 75% of guests playing at any given time. The other 25% will be either watching, eating, enjoying the entertainment, or schmoozing. Your casino vendor will be able to make a recommendation on the types of tables needed for your sized event.